Where are the movies shown?
The free movies are shown outdoors on Art Hill. The screen will be located at the bottom of Art Hill.
Where do I park?
Can I use the Forest Park Trolley during the Film Series?
Free public parking is available in the parking lots east of the Louis IX statue in front of the Museum.
The Museum's 300-space underground Parking Garage will be open. The cost is $15 ($5 for Members with validation). CASH ONLY!
Limited parking along Fine Arts Drive also is available.
There are also two free parking lots behind the Forest Park Dennis & Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center, located a short walk from Art Hill.
Accessible parking is available in the Museum garage and on the parking lots east of the Louis IX statue. Visitors can drop-off passengers on Fine Arts Drive directly in front of the Museum. The Museum's entrances are accessible.
Bike racks are available.
Yes! The Metro Forest Park Trolley is a Metro bus that runs a special route between the Forest Park/DeBaliviere MetroLink Station and the Saint Louis Art Museum. The trolley bus runs special hours for the Film Series at 30 minute intervals* from 6:45 pm to 8:45 pm, and again from 10:50 pm to 12 pm.
What time do the movies start?
*Prior to 6:45 pm, the Forest Park Trolley will operate on its regular schedule.
The food trucks and music start at 6 pm. Films begin promptly at 9 pm. You are welcome to arrive any time to claim your spot on Art Hill.
What should I bring with me (food, pets, etc.)?
· Bug spray, blankets, lawn chairs, and picnic items including food and alcoholic beverages are permitted. A 'blankets-only' section will be available at the front of the viewing area. Space is available on a first come, first served basis.
What is there to do before the movie begins?
· Well behaved pets on a leash are welcome (leashes must be no longer than 6 feet in length). Please be respectful of other guests by cleaning up after your pets.
Is smoking permitted?
Visit the Museum and explore original works of art spanning five millennia and six continents! Admission is always free. And our main exhibition, Self-Taught Genius
is free on Fridays.
On film nights, the main level will remain open until 9:15 pm.
The art project for adults, DJ, and the Food Truck Fest all begin at 6 pm.
All smoking is prohibited including e-cigarettes, vaporizers, and all other electronic smoking devices.
Is the Film Series accessible?
· The Museum is ADA-compliant and accessible to visitors in wheelchair and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. The Museum's entrances on Fine Arts Drive are accessible.
· Accessible parking is available in the Museum garage and on the parking lots east of the Louis IX statue. Visitors can drop-off passengers on Fine Arts Drive directly in front of the Museum. The Museum's entrances are accessible. The path to Art Hill is accessible.
· A section of Art Hill will be designated for visitors in wheelchairs. Visit the Information Booth to address special needs.
· Individuals with disabilities who may need sign language interpreters, written materials in alternative formats, or other accommodations should make a request to 314-721-6172 (TDD 314-721-4807) at least seven days before the event.