- Bryan Hunt, American, born 1947
- Current Location
- On View, Outdoor, Auditorium Entrance
- 114 1/2 x 60 x 41 in. (290.8 x 152.4 x 104.1 cm)
granite base: 8 x 56 x 40 in. (20.3 x 142.2 x 101.6 cm)
weight (sculpture): 1500 lb. (680.4 kg)
weight (base): 1500 lb. (680.4 kg)
- Credit Line
- Funds given by the Shoenberg Foundation, Inc.
- © 2008 Bryan Hunt / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
- Object Number
Bryan Hunt’s sculpture is made up of two forms: the abstracted headless body of a chariot driver and the parallel vertical of the driver’s elongated reins. Charioteer was inspired by a more naturalistic sculpture from 5th-century BC Greece. Hunt originally worked in wet plaster to evoke the fluid folds of the charioteer’s garments.