The Saint Louis Art Museum (“SLAM”) provides this website (www.slam.org) and any other websites, mobile versions of the websites and mobile applications (the “SLAM Websites”) in support of its mission to educate, inspire discovery and elevate the human spirit, and preserve a legacy of artistic achievement for the people of St. Louis and the world. Subject to the terms below, SLAM invites visitors to use its online content for personal, educational and other non-commercial purposes.
A. Intellectual Property Rights in SLAM Websites Content
SLAM is the owner or otherwise has the right to post any and all content that is posted on the SLAM Websites, which consists of text, images, audio, video, databases, design, codes and software (“Content”). The Content SLAM makes available on the SLAM Websites may be owned by SLAM, owned by others and used with their permission or used in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Other than the rights specifically and expressly granted to you herein, SLAM and its licencors do not grant you any right to use the Content.
B. Use of SLAM Content
- Permitted Use. You assume all risk and responsibility for your use of any Content obtained through the SLAM Websites.
- Content in the Public Domain. Some Content on the SLAM Websites is in the public domain (“Public-domain Content”). You may download and use any Public-domain Content without restriction.
- SLAM Content. Some Content on the SLAM Websites is owned by SLAM (“SLAM Content”). SLAM grants you a limited, non-exclusive, and revocable license to use SLAM Content solely for personal, educational, scholarly, research, and other non-commercial uses, on the following terms:
- User must cite the author and source of the SLAM Content as you would materials from any printed work.
- User must also cite and link to, when possible, the SLAM Websites as the source of the SLAM Content.
- User may not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices including attribution information, credits and notices, which are placed in or near the text, images or data.
- User must comply with all terms or restrictions other than copyright (such as trademark, publicity and privacy rights, or contractual restrictions) as may be specified in the metadata or as may otherwise apply to the SLAM Content.
- Third-Party Content. Some of the Content displayed on the SLAM Websites is owned by a third-party artist or right-holder (“Third-party Content”). You have no right to reproduce, copy, distribute, create derivative works, publicly perform, or publicly display Third-party Content without the express written permission of the copyright owner.
- Fair Use. Copyright law recognizes some uses of works otherwise protected by copyright as a “fair use” that do not require permission of the copyright owner. Information on United States copyright law and fair use is available from the United States Copyright Office. You are responsible for determining whether your use qualifies as fair use, as such term is defined in United States Copyright law, and are solely responsible for responding and bearing the cost of any copyright claims that may arise from your use of the SLAM Websites or Content obtained therefrom.
- Any Commercial Use Requires Prior Written Permission. You shall have no right to use any Content (except Public-domain Content) for any commercial purpose without obtaining the express consent of the respective rights holder. Commercial purposes shall include, but are not limited to, making and selling the Content or materials, products or services that use and incorporate the Content, nor may users use the Content to promote or advertise products or services. If you wish to use the Content for any purpose outside those permitted above, such as commercial use or publication, you must obtain prior written permission from SLAM (or the other owner of the Content, as applicable).
- Further Information/Permissions. If you have specific questions or information about Content on the SLAM Websites and/or want to inquire about the necessary permissions to use Content, including requests for higher quality formats, please contact the appropriate SLAM department that is associated with the Content. You can inquire regarding usage rights by contacting SLAM at email@example.com.
C. Your Submissions to the SLAM Websites
E. Use of Trademarks
F. Copyright Complaints
SLAM respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact SLAM with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- Description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- The location on the SLAM Websites of the material that you claim is infringing;
- Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement that your claim of infringement is based on a good faith belief; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information you have provided is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
SLAM’s agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the SLAM Websites can be reached as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org.
G. Links to Third Party Sites
SLAM may link to third party sites which are not under the control of SLAM. These links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only, and they do not indicate SLAM’s endorsement, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the third party or content of the linked website, including any advertisements that may be posted on such third party website. SLAM has no control over, makes no representation or warranty, and bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the externally-linked websites.
H. Links From Third Party Sites
Linking is an important feature that facilitates searching and makes connections among websites. If you link to the SLAM Websites, you agree to present the link in a manner that does not give the impression that SLAM endorses, either expressly or implicitly, any products, services or opinions provided on your website, and that the link contains a clearly-written notice that the user is leaving your website and accessing another when clicking on the link to the SLAM Websites.
THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SLAM SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SLAM WEBSITES OR DOWNLOADING ANY CONTENT FROM THE SLAM WEBSITES. SLAM DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SLAM WEBSITES, CONTENT, OR OTHER POSTED MATERIAL ON THE SLAM WEBSITES IN TERMS OF ITS CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
K. Miscellaneous Provisions
Website Availability. SLAM CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SLAM WEBSITES WILL BE AVAILABLE 100% OF THE TIME BECAUSE PUBLIC NETWORKS, SUCH AS THE INTERNET, OCCASIONALLY EXPERIENCE DISRUPTIONS. ALTHOUGH SLAM STRIVES TO PROVIDE THE MOST RELIABLE WEBSITE REASONABLY POSSIBLE, INTERRUPTIONS AND DELAYS IN ACCESSING THE SITE ARE UNAVOIDABLE AND SLAM DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
Typographical Errors. Information on the SLAM Websites may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. We attempt to make the SLAM Websites’s postings as accurate as possible, but SLAM does not warrant the content of the SLAM Websites is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
Saint Louis Art Museum
One Fine Arts Drive, Forest Park,
St. Louis, Missouri 63110-1380