The Saint Louis Art Museum Teen Arts Council (TAC) is built upon the philosophy that teens are integral in the design and implementation of teen programs at the Museum. The mission of the Teen Arts Council is to be an active, creative, and influential voice in the Museum.
TAC members are exposed to many facets of the Museum including our collection and exhibitions and inform teen programming in order to build a greater teen audience at the Saint Louis Art Museum. In addition to planning the annual Young Artists Exhibition, TAC members receive behind-the-scenes Museum experiences, participate in arts workshops, and take field trips to local arts organizations.
Want to join the Teen Arts Council?
Teen Arts Council meets virtually every week for one hour from January-May. To apply for TAC, teens must be in good academic standing and 14 to 18 years old.
Members begin regular meetings in January and close the school year by hosting a juried teen art exhibition in late May. As the yearly cycle ends, helping to nominate the next group and planning activities for the coming year will be an important task. Future members will begin in September and remain active until the end of each school year. TAC membership may be renewed based on performance during the previous year.
- TAC meets virtually once a week on Wednesdays from 4-5 pm (subject to change)
- Occasional Friday evenings are required beyond regular meeting times
- TAC members are expected to follow the rules and guidelines of the program, participate virtually in weekly meetings and special programs, fulfill individual and group responsibilities, and develop and promote teen-centered virtual events at the Museum
TAC members receive:
- Virtual behind-the-scenes Museum experiences
- Free virtual arts-related workshops
- $200 stipend per semester (based on full attendance)
Applications for the spring 2021 semester are due OCTOBER 15, 2020.