The Saint Louis Art Museum Teen Arts Council (TAC) is built upon the philosophy that teens are integral in the design and implementation of teen programs at the Museum. The mission of the Teen Arts Council is to be an active, creative, and influential voice in the Museum.
TAC members are exposed to many facets of the Museum including our collection and exhibitions and inform teen programming in order to build a greater teen audience at the Saint Louis Art Museum. In addition to planning the annual Young Artists Exhibition, TAC members receive behind-the-scenes Museum experiences, participate in arts workshops, and take field trips to local arts organizations.
Join us at our next event!
Want to join the Teen Arts Council?
Teen Arts Council meets every other week after school from September through May. To apply for TAC, teens must be in good academic standing and 14 to 18 years old.
Members begin regular meetings each fall and close the year by hosting a juried teen art exhibition in late May. As the yearly cycle ends, helping to nominate the next group and planning activities for the coming year will be an important task. Future members will begin in September and remain active until the end of each school year. TAC membership may be renewed based on performance during the previous year.
- TAC meets twice a month on Wednesdays from 4 to 6 pm (subject to change)
- Occasional Friday and Saturdays are required beyond regular meeting times
- TAC members are expected to follow the rules and guidelines of the program, participate in bi-monthly meetings and special programs, fulfill individual and group responsibilities, and develop and promote teen-centered events at the Museum
TAC members receive:
- Behind-the-scenes Museum experiences
- Free arts-related workshops
- $200 stipend per semester, totaling up to $400 (based on full attendance)
- Assistance with the cost of public transportation to attend meetings and events
Applications for the 2020-2021 school year will open in spring 2020.