The Saint Louis Art Museum provides a limited amount of transportation assistance to qualifying schools based on need and availability of funds. Requests for assistance may be made at the same time as the request to participate in a Museum K-12 program or after receiving a tour or program registration confirmation from the Museum. Requestors will be notified that a transportation award has been made prior to the scheduled visit date. Please note: The Museum cannot guarantee that all submitted requests will be granted.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions after reviewing all information provided here.
- Assistance is provided to support participation in Saint Louis Art Museum–facilitated programs and tours for K-12 students. Assistance is not provided for teacher-led visits to the Museum.
- Schools within St. Louis City and County are given preference.
- Schools must be eligible for Title 1 assistance.
- Schools must have a minimum of 50 percent of the student population qualify for free or reduced-price lunch.
- Assistance is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Priority is given to schools participating in the following Museum programs: ABC (Arts in the Basic Curriculum), AWOD (A World of Difference), High School Art Project, Exploring with the Artist.
- All requests for transportation assistance must be preapproved by the Saint Louis Art Museum.
- Assistance requests may be made at the same time as the request to participate in a Museum program or after program participation is confirmed. All requests for transportation assistance must be received no later than two weeks prior to the scheduled visit, but preferably further in advance.
- Transportation assistance will be provided by the Museum in the form of busing arranged at the same time as the request to participate in a Museum program or after program participation is confirmed.
- Transportation assistance covers busing costs from the school to the Saint Louis Art Museum and back.
- Transportation assistance covers the cost of round-trip transportation between the school and the Museum up to a maximum of two buses per visit.