We hope you enjoy your visit to the Saint Louis Art Museum, and we encourage you to take photos to record and share your experience. During your visit, you may be photographed or video-recorded for educational and promotional purposes. Please review the following policy information before your visit so that you have an enjoyable experience and the works of art are protected.
- Personal photos and video recordings generally are permitted in the galleries and at Museum events. Flash photography, monopods, tripods, and selfie-sticks are not permitted.
- Photography and video recording may be restricted near some works of art on temporary loan or during some lectures and performances. Those restrictions will be indicated, but feel free to ask a member of the Museum staff if you are not sure if photography is allowed.
- The Museum does not permit interior photography or video recording that may be disruptive to other visitors, including professional portraits or posed photos for proms, graduations, engagements, or weddings. The Museum permits portrait photography outdoors in publicly accessible areas, as long as that photography does not block entrances, disrupt visitors, or risk harm to works of art.
- Visitors may not sell photographs or video recordings made at the Museum. Photographs and recordings made by visitors may not be used to promote a product or service.
- Some works of art in the Museum’s collection are protected by copyright. By granting permission to photograph in the galleries, the Museum is not offering permission to publish images of those works for commercial purposes and for any other purpose that would require the permission of the copyright holder.
- Commercial photography and video recording is prohibited without the permission of the Museum. This includes any photography and video recording intended to promote a product, service, company, or cause. To request permission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the Camera Crew Policy for details.
- As a public institution, the Museum is committed to making its operations accessible to the press. To protect the safety and security of the Museum’s visitors and its collection, we ask that members of the media wishing to photograph or record video inside the Museum contact the Press Office.
These rules are subject to change without prior notice at the discretion of the Saint Louis Art Museum. By visiting the Museum, you agree to be bound by these terms.